A new law has been enforced in Tanzania, as of the 1st of July 2017 whereby all permanent properties inside the National Parks will be required to pay a concession fee for every bed night. There has been some confusion surrounding this announcement by TANAPA, due to the last minute nature of implementation but here is what we know so far:
- The proposed concession fee increase only applies to Tented Camps and Lodges with a permanent status located inside Tanzania’s National Parks.
- Despite the best efforts of the Tanzania private sector to get these postponed until such a time that it could be implemented effectively, the revised concession fee became effective as of 1st July 2017.
- All Tanzania properties inside National Parks will be increasing their rates to reflect this.
We have been waiting to hear how these concession fees will affect each property, before announcing these changes but unfortunately we still have not received these updates and it is still unclear as to how these changes will affect each individual property.
With this said we would like to confirm the following to our valued customers:
- We will absorb the costs for all confirmed bookings travelling in the month of July, and these customers will not be affected by these changes.
- Any bookings travelling after the month of July will be unavoidably affected by the introduction of these additional concession fees. When we have been informed of the exact increases this will be reflected on your invoice.
- For all new enquiries the increased concession fees will be applied.
These lodges in the Serengeti National Park are amongst those that will be affected:
Serengeti Sopa Lodge
Migration Camp – Elewana
Serengeti Serena Lodge
Kirawira Luxury Camp
Mbuzi Mawa Camp
The Bench team is available on email or phone to help you understand the implications so please contact us should you need any assistance.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and reaffirm that we remain committed to working with you to have this resolved as quickly as possible. As we receive further information on implementation of these concession fees we will keep you updated.